Level-Up Coding is an outreach program from the student chapter of the ACM at Oklahoma State to Will Rogers Elementary in Stillwater Ok.
The goal of Level-Up Coding is to help you learn how to write interactive web pages and games that will run in a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge.
All of these browsers understand three languages that can be used to create interactive web pages. The three languages are:
HTML, which allows you to define the content that is on a web page
CSS, which customizes how the page will look, and
- level 0: HTML lets you write web pages
- level 1: You can draw on a web page with HTML Canvas
- level 2: You can animate things by redrawing the canvas
- Level 3: Listeners and if statements let you respond to input
- Level 4: Objects and Functions can organize your programs
- Level 5: Arrays and For loops can manage many objects
- Level 6: Things you can do with sprites
- Level 7: You can style your page with CSS
- Level 8: You can create your own game art
- Level 9: You can make your own game
- Level 10: You can publish your game on the web